PARAMARIBO, Suriname, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) today announced that Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname N.V., Suriname's state-owned oil company, will deploy Honeywell's manufacturing execution system (MES) as part of a major expansion and efficiency project at the Tout Lui Faut crude oil refinery complex.
The project will more than double the refinery's capacity, greatly reducing the country's dependence on imported fuel products. The refinery will produce high-quality diesel, gasoline and fuel oil. Start-up is expected in October 2014 and will improve its reliability and mitigate safety risks, which can have a significant impact on its business results.
"With the Honeywell MES solution, our refinery expects to achieve significantly improved operational readiness," said Rudolf Elias, project director and acting director for Refining and Marketing at Staatsolie. "Honeywell's manufacturing and business applications provide the tools we need, allowing us to optimize workflows, capture knowledge, minimize risks, improve safety, and enhance the performance and agility of our entire operation."
The MES will help the refinery better manage its production, operations and process visualization with a portfolio of applications, which include:
- Uniformance® Process History Database (PHD) – collects, stores and replays historical and continuous plant process data to improve data security, efficiency and business performance;
- Operations Management Pro (OM Pro) – planning, execution and performance monitoring of off-site blending and movement operations;
- Asset Manager – real-time monitoring of facility assets;
- Field Advisor – operator observations are integrated into electronic maintenance and reliability systems for proactive maintenance;
- Production Balance – material or energy balance of an entire facility as well as individual processing units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV