OLATHE, Kan., Jan. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Elecsys Corporation (Nasdaq:ESYS), a provider of industrial machine to machine (M2M) communication technology solutions, data acquisition systems, and custom electronic equipment for critical industrial applications, today announced the addition of the Director Z4 to its Director series of industrial data gateways. The Director Z4 is a secure, flexible edge-of-network device that can remotely connect, monitor, and control a diverse population of mixed field equipment. With the MQTT communication protocol native in the device, the Director Z4 enables easy migration to enterprise data architectures compatible with big data analytics tools while preserving prior investments in existing field equipment. Embedded multi-protocol conversion capabilities make the Director Z4 vendor neutral, enabling seamless integration of virtually every field device.
Key features of the Director Z4 include:
- Integrated Cellular Modems – Provide wireless connectivity to reduce costs and enhance reliability while simplifying integration and conserving space.
- Communications Failover – Automated management and seamless failover of up to 3 independent communication channels.
- Reduced Data Latency – Smart bandwidth management to bridge standard Poll/Response systems to Publish/Subscribe systems and virtually eliminate polling delays.
- Data Security – A robust, integrated solution to extend cyber security from enterprise systems out to remote field sites.
Karl B. Gemperli, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Industries today need practical solutions to link their existing field assets with enterprise data networks to optimize productivity and reduce costs by utilizing advanced big data analytics technologies." Gemperli added, "The advanced multi-protocol management and flexible communication capabilities of the Director Z4 provide a seamless migration path to smoothly transition legacy control and data acquisition systems to the emerging message oriented middleware data architectures."Designed for extreme conditions, the Director Z4 is easy to install, features a rugged metal enclosure, and operates from -40C to +85C with a highly reliable design that contains no moving parts. Simple device configuration and management is accomplished through a newly updated version of the proven Advanced Configuration Environment (ACE) software suite used by all Director series products, which minimizes operator training and ramp-up time. With an integrated modem, powerful communication management capabilities, and the ability to interface with a wide range of field equipment, the rugged and reliable Director Z4 is ideal for data collection, monitoring, and control of assets in remote locations and harsh conditions, such as oil & gas, power, water/wastewater, and many other industrial applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts