Quick, Deep Insight into AWS Elastic MapReduce Provides Hotspot Analysis and One-Click to Root Cause Without Log Hassle
DETROIT, Jan. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced it has released an APM solution for Hadoop on Amazon Elastic MapReduce, (EMR) available now in the AWS Marketplace. This solution enables organizations to tame big data at scale, enabling customers to gain faster business value at lower cost, and furthers Compuware APM's ability to provide visibility and troubleshooting insight into big data workloads.
Powered by its patented PurePath Technology ® , Compuware APM profiles Amazon EMR jobs, providing drill-down dashboards that can pinpoint the root cause of failed jobs or performance hotspots with a single click. Operation teams gain full visibility into cluster usage based on users or job types, enabling monitoring of service level agreements (SLAs) and charge-back models to consumers. By profiling Hadoop jobs in production, operations teams can quickly identify the issues, whether they are misconfigured or unbalanced clusters, poorly-coded workloads or unhealthy hosts. Developers, armed with exact detail shared by operations and QA, no longer have to guess at the performance of their code when running at massive scale."Compuware APM combined with the AWS cloud provides customers with the technical capabilities they need to allow them to focus on their business," said Terry Hanold, Vice President, Cloud Commerce, AWS. "We're excited to welcome Compuware into the AWS Marketplace, where customers will be able to now gain the advantage of Compuware APM for Amazon EMR." Features and capabilities of Compuware APM solution with Amazon EMR include:
- Profiling Hadoop jobs in production clusters to see which teams are utilizing the cluster and exactly why, to code level, a job takes minutes or hours to run.
- Automatically identifying performance hotspots in Amazon EMR, such as whether the problem is due to a poor configuration, over-utilized or failed infrastructure, or inefficient code.
- Eliminating the need to scour log files by identifying the root cause of a job failure in one click. Exceptions, stack traces and logged data are automatically identified by PurePath Technology, showing both where and why failures occur. Deep facts can be easily shared with development to quickly fix issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV