HOUSTON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rowan Companies plc ("Rowan" or the "Company") (NYSE: RDC) announced today that its monthly report of drilling rig status and contract information has been updated as of January 21, 2014. The report titled "Monthly Fleet Status Report" can be found on the Company's website at www.rowancompanies.com.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120827/DA62568LOGO)
Notable events in the current report include:
- Gorilla VI: Increased 1Q 2014 off rate time by 31 days to 90 days for repairs, upgrades, customer required modifications and inspections. Rig is currently expected to return to service the beginning of April 2014. The expected off rate time may be extended further due to customer required equipment modifications currently under negotiations. The Company may be compensated for the additional off rate time. However, the recognition of any such compensation received will be deferred and recognized over the period of drilling operations.
- Gorilla VII: Added 23 days off rate time during 1Q 2014. The rig had been undergoing leg repairs which were substantially completed several weeks ago. Continuing inclement weather in the North Sea since then has delayed the rig being able to go on location. Current expectations are that the rig will return to service late January 2014. Incremental third party repair costs were expensed and totaled approximately $3.0 million in 4Q 2013, above prior guidance of $2.5 million.
For the full year 2014, the Company continues to expect jack-up out of service time to be between approximately 7% and 9% of available rig days. The Company does not currently expect any out of service days in 2014 for the drillships, and is expecting operational downtime to be approximately 5% after about a one-year break-in period when operational downtime could be somewhat higher.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts