This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Stocks Under $10 with 50-100% upside potential - 14 days FREE!

The ETF No One Is Talking About, Including Its Issuer

Stocks in this article: HUSE ITOT XLV XLK

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- One long time strategy utilized by professional investors is sector rotation which is built on the premise that at certain points in the stock market an economic cycles some sectors are better to hold and some are better to avoid. For example, industrial stocks tend to outperform in a bull market, staples hold up better in a market downturn and utilities will struggle in a rising rate environment.

The Huntington US Equity Rotation Strategy ETF (HUSE) offers investors access to the strategy in an actively managed fund.

HUSE benchmarks 70% of its assets to the S&P 1500 index which is a total market index tracked by the iShares Core S&P Total US Market ETF (ITOT). HUSE will overweight and underweight the various sectors based on a top down assessment of the current market environment. The other 30% of the fund will be devoted to a more meaningful overweight positions in the managers' two favorite sectors which as of its most recent report are health care and technology.

Each sector within the fund will be populated with 'high quality' companies that the managers believe are likely to outperform based on their bottom up analysis that considers management track record, balance sheet management and favorable growth trends.

As of its most recent reporting, HUSE was overweight health care and technology as noted above but was underweight every other sector of the S&P 1500.

The decision to be overweight tech and health care is curious because those two sectors tend to have a low correlation. According to ETF Replay the Healthcare Select Sector SPDR (XLV) and the Technology Select Sector SPDR (XLK) have a 0.52 correlation with each other which is low. Where the sectors tend to trade differently HUSE appears to be relying more on stock picking than sector selection.

1 of 2

Select the service that is right for you!

Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!


DOW 18,073.17 +42.96 0.24%
S&P 500 2,091.25 +9.37 0.45%
NASDAQ 4,813.4370 +39.9650 0.84%

Brokerage Partners

Rates from

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs