RESTON, Va., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NII Holdings, Inc. [NASDAQ: NIHD], a provider of differentiated mobile communication services operating under the Nextel brand in Latin America, today announced that PRIP™, its advanced Push-to-Talk (PTT) app, is now available on the iPhone in the United States. Built upon Motorola Mobility's PTT technology, PRIP offers users real-time, instant, unlimited communication using 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi to other PRIP subscribers and Nextel users anywhere in the U.S. The app is available for download on the Apple App Store or Google Play for the low introductory cost of US$1.99, with the first month free.
"We are excited to expand PRIP to iOS, bringing true push-to-talk capabilities to more users in the U.S.," said Greg Santoro, executive vice president, chief strategy and marketing officer for NII Holdings. "As our customer demands evolve and new devices enter the marketplace, it is important we continue to expand our offerings to meet their needs."
The easy-to-use PRIP app delivers an instant communication experience to consumer and business users alike who enjoy the convenience and immediacy of true PTT communications with their networks of friends and business associates. The app features unlimited PTT access and an instant connection with any one of the over nine million users with Nextel across Latin America and the PRIP subscribers across the U.S. and Mexico.
The introduction of the PRIP iPhone app also provides 97 percent of smartphone users in the U.S. the ability to have low cost access to the convenience of the original real-time and instant PTT experience on their preferred devices.Expanded Premier Push-to-Talk Instant Communications Solutions for Cross-border Business Owners PRIP also addresses the needs of small and medium-sized business owners, particularly cross-border businesses that seek instant, reliable communications with Nextel customers in Latin America. For cross-border businesses along the Mexican border, organizations rely on PTT, and PRIP is one of the only solutions available that offers instant cross -border communications following the shutdown of the Sprint iDEN network. "What we continue to hear from our PRIP customers, and what we continue to see in the border markets, is the need for a cost -effective solution for families, businesses and employees to stay connected," said Bob Ewald, vice president of product management at NII Holdings. "With the introduction of the PRIP iPhone app, we are continuing to bridge that gap in service at the border. Individual users and businesses now have true PTT capability and the immediate, guaranteed communications experience they have come to rely on—both in the U.S. and internationally—at an affordable cost and without restrictions on the PTT service usage." Additional Features of the iPhone PRIP App Unlike existing PTT services provided by various U.S. carriers, PRIP is carrier agnostic – working on any U.S. wireless carrier network, Wi-Fi and anywhere internationally while roaming. PRIP brings users a unique iPhone app experience that offers a more "human experience" that is an alternative to texting. Additional features include:
- Instantly holding conversations with your contacts
- Sending alerts to contacts when you need to talk with them immediately
- An intuitive interface
- Ability to automatically import your contacts
- A guaranteed talk function where before you start talking, you know the other party is listening
- Capacity to create multiple lines of service under one account and one bill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV