WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that the Board of Directors appointed Nicholas C. Fanandakis and Steve Gunby as directors of the Company, effective January 20, 2014.
Mr. Fanandakis joins the Board as an independent director, following the action of the Board to increase its overall size to nine directors from eight directors. Mr. Fanandakis was also appointed as a member of the Audit Committee.
Mr. Fanandakis, age 57, is the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company ("DuPont"), assuming that position in November 2009. Prior to becoming Chief Financial Officer in November 2009, he served as Group Vice President of DuPont Applied BioSciences from 2008 to 2009. He also served as Vice President and General Manager of DuPont Chemical Solutions Enterprise from 2003 until February 2007 when he was named Vice President of DuPont Corporate Plans. Mr. Fanandakis joined DuPont in 1979.
"Nick brings over 30 years of operational and financial insight and experience to our Board," said Gerard E. Holthaus, non-executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of FTI Consulting. "His exceptional mix of global finance, industry and leadership expertise will be a great asset to the Board. We are delighted to have Nick join us."Commenting on his appointment, Mr. Fanandakis said, "FTI Consulting has experienced extraordinary growth and enjoys an impressive portfolio of market-leading businesses and I'm proud to be joining the Company's Board. I'm especially looking forward to having the opportunity as a Board member to support the Company in its next phase of growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV