MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. and CHESTERBROOK, Pa., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: AUXL) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted a supplemental application that proposes to revise the STENDRA ™ (avanafil) prescribing information with efficacy and safety information from Study TA-501, entitled "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Evaluation of Avanafil for On-Demand Treatment of Men with Erectile Dysfunction." The PDUFA date for the supplemental filing is September 20, 2014.
VIVUS had previously announced positive results from this multicenter, placebo-controlled study designed to assess the efficacy of two dosage strengths of STENDRA approximately 15 minutes after dosing.
In the 440-patient study conducted at 30 sites in the U.S., STENDRA patients achieved statistically significant improvement versus placebo in the mean proportion of attempts that resulted in erections sufficient for successful intercourse as early as 10 minutes for the 200 mg dose and 12 minutes for the 100 mg dose following administration. The currently approved prescribing information recommends administration approximately 30 minutes before sexual activity.About Avanafil STENDRA (avanafil) is approved by the FDA in the U.S. for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. STENDRA is rapidly absorbed and should be taken 30 minutes before sexual activity on an as-needed basis. STENDRA should not be taken more than once per day and may be taken without regard to food and with modest alcohol consumption. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has exclusive marketing rights to STENDRA in the U.S. and Canada and is in the early stages of commercializing STENDRA in the U.S. STENDRA is currently available through retail and mail order pharmacies. Auxilium offers programs that will help patients with out-of-pocket costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV