- Comprehensive technology alliance set to enhance learning through software, content and professional development
- Integrated experience through HMH's market-leading digital curriculum and SMART software
- SMART amp ™ software enables students and teachers to work seamlessly with HMH content on interactive displays, smartphones, laptops and tablets
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SMART Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:SMT) (TSX:SMA) and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) (Nasdaq:HMHC) have entered into a comprehensive working relationship to advance education through software, content and professional development offerings. The partnership will bring together HMH's research-based, globally recognized digital curriculum and SMART software through a standards-based approach, to provide teachers and students with the ability to seamlessly collaborate and learn in new and innovative ways. Today's joint announcement is a lead up to the British Education Training and Technology (BETT) show, the world's largest gathering of education suppliers and decision makers, to be held in London from January 22 to 26, 2014.
The initial phase of integration will combine HMH's trusted digital content with SMART amp ™ collaborative learning software – the revolutionary, cloud-based solution that offers a single, device-agnostic learning platform on any device that has a browser. It is the 'glue' that connects interactive displays, PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones while enabling teachers and students to collaborate in real time, perform in-class assessment, connect to shared digital workspaces and interact with Web-based learning materials regardless of location or device.
HMH's market-leading ScienceFusion will become one of the first products to be integrated with SMART amp software. ScienceFusion is a state-of-the-art science program designed to develop important critical thinking and inquiry skills through real world challenges and hands-on activities. The integration with SMART amp software enables students and teachers to access and collaborate with ScienceFusion content anytime, anywhere, using any device. Additional curriculum offerings from HMH will continue to become available through SMART amp software in the coming months.The collaboration between HMH and SMART will also allow for digital content integration into the award-winning SMART Notebook ™ collaborative learning software and professional development offerings to help educators optimize their use of the integrated solutions for improved learning outcomes. SMART has over 25 years of history in creating solutions that support collaborative teaching and learning. Today more than 2.6 million SMART Board ® interactive displays are used by over 50 million students and their teachers, and SMART software is used in more than 175 countries around the world. "SMART amp software will simplify the way teachers and students experience digital content — beyond one single classroom display to multiple devices and mediums," says Mary Cullinane, Chief Content Officer for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. "The integration of our trusted, pedagogically-sound curriculum content with SMART's software will give students and teachers greater flexibility to access and collaborate with world-class learning resources anytime, anywhere, to ensure a better learning experience and long-term success."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV