Synovus Financial Corp. (NYSE: SNV) today reported financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.
Fourth Quarter Results
- Net income available to common shareholders was $35.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $37.2 million for the third quarter of 2013, and $709.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2012. Diluted net income per common share for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $0.04 compared to $0.04 for the third quarter of 2013 and $0.78 for the fourth quarter of 2012. Excluding litigation loss contingency expense and restructuring charges (net of tax), the fourth quarter of 2013 net income available to common shareholders was $44.3 million or $0.05 per diluted common share.
- The fourth quarter of 2013 results included litigation loss contingency expense of $10 million or $0.01 per share.
- The fourth quarter of 2012 results included an $800 million tax benefit related to the deferred tax asset recapture.
- Total loans grew $346.2 million sequentially or 7.0% annualized.
- Credit costs totaled $22.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $22.4 million for the third quarter of 2013 and $185.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2012.
"We were pleased to report 7% annualized sequential quarter loan growth, driven primarily by C&I and retail lending,” said Kessel D. Stelling, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “Partnerships between our local bank divisions and large corporate banking teams across our five-state footprint produced meaningful results, and we saw growth in key markets such as Atlanta, Tampa, Charleston, Nashville, Savannah, and Columbus. HELOC and private client mortgages drove the growth in retail loans during the quarter. Credit quality continued to improve, and our net interest margin remained stable. Additionally, our focus on cost savings continued as we completed implementation of initiatives necessary to achieve the $30 million in expense reductions announced at the beginning of the year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV