Macy’s Herald Square, New York City’s most iconic department store, celebrates the historic arrival of Super Bowl week with a sensational line-up of in-store special events and outdoor entertainment, for an off-the-field fan experience that rivals the excitement of the game itself. Situated at the southern-most end of Super Bowl Boulevard, Macy’s Herald Square celebrates football’s final showdown from the end zone. The fan festivities will include the exciting grand opening of the World’s Largest NFL Shop, a concert and fireworks salute off the Hudson, and the stunning debut of a nightly NFL video show morphing the store’s world-famous façade into an outdoor theater for football’s most devoted fans.
Martine Reardon, chief marketing officer for Macy’s noted, “With a kick-off position at the start of Super Bowl Boulevard, Macy’s Herald Square is a key player in the celebration of this historic Super Bowl game. We are extremely excited to create a unique retail environment within our iconic store that salutes the game, the host cities and, most importantly, the fans. With access to the largest NFL shop and an incredible line-up of player appearances, the fans will be the clear winners in the Super Bowl XLVIII experience. Of course, no Macy’s celebration would be complete without our signature fireworks spectacular.”
The magic on 34 th Street began on Sunday, Jan. 19 with the opening of the exclusive NFL Shop at Super Bowl on the 4 th Floor, a championship-worthy 36,000 square-foot space that will be the unrivaled game-day destination in the New York metro area. A green carpet roll-out of one-of-a-kind, interactive fan experiences, player appearances, video presentations, team trivia and a countdown clock to Super Sunday will make the world’s largest NFL pop- up shop at Super Bowl the most exciting retail destination through Feb. 4.
Macy’s continues its salute to this unprecedented outdoor game with a spectacular pyrotechnic display staged along the Hudson River off of Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ, on Monday, Jan. 27, produced in partnership with the NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee. Canvassing the skyline with brilliant bursts of color, light and sound, Macy’s signature aerial show will take to the skies over the Hudson in a televised special on FOX Sports 1, entitled the Super Bowl Kickoff Spectacular.The NFL will stage its night-time special effects salute with one of the most visually dramatic moments set against Macy’s iconic architecture. Debuting on Wednesday, Jan. 29 will be Super Bowl Virtual Theater, the NFL’s nightly video presentation of light, sound and action from the field that will be projected against the store’s world-famous Broadway façade, virtually transforming the store into outdoor theater. The 10-minute video show will capture the spirit of the game in nine daily shows, taking the game to new heights in midtown Manhattan. Running through Feb. 1, show times are as follows: 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m.. Moving the action in from the outside, Macy’s six famous Broadway windows will showcase the best of the game as the inside of the store transforms the Main Floor with a visual salute including a 15-foot high football suspended mid-air. Game graphics, banners, flags, and team memorabilia will line the sides of the store for an unparalleled game experience. Macy’s Main Floor will also be the site of an exclusive exhibition of MVP jerseys and helmets from past Super Bowls greats including Joe Namath, Eli Manning, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubach. In addition, all 32 teams of the NFL will be represented in a special fashion salute by the NFL and NIKE. NFL SHOP AT SUPER BOWL/ NFL STYLE LOUNGE The NFL Shop at Super Bowl at Macy’s Herald Square will be the ultimate destination to gear up in team merchandise and gain access to memorabilia. The shop will feature a Custom Zone to personalize Super Bowl apparel and accessories along with AFC and NFC zones featuring the caps, tees, hoodies, jerseys, and jackets from the championship and all 32 teams that will outfit the most faithful and fashionable fan. Premier brands including Nike, New Era, ’47 Brand, Touch by Alyssa Milano, among other great brands will be featured in the World’s Largest NFL Shop to date. Art and sports will come together as the NFL Shop will house an art exhibition by Charles Fazzino, the NFL’s officially licensed artist. Featuring original posters and art, the commemorative exhibit, “Super Bowl XLVIII – NY/NJ” will celebrate 14 years of game-inspired artwork. Also, tickets for Super Bowl Boulevard’s main attraction, a 60-foot by 180-foot toboggan run in Times Square, will be on sale daily through Ticketmaster at the NFL Shop for $5. And for ladies, an NFL Style Lounge will showcase a collection of sports apparel and accessories. A HIGHLIGHT OF PLAYER APPEARANCES INCLUDE: (4 th Floor)
- Sunday, Jan. 19 – Former New York Giants player, David Tyree at 2 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 20 – New York Giants Victor Cruz PA at 4 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 24 – Denver Broncos Eric Decker at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 25 – Football legend Carl Banks at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 26 – Former NY Giants Sean Landeta at 2 p.m. with Charles Fazzino, New York Giants Hakeem Nicks at 4 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 27 – NY Jets Quinton Coples at 2 p.m. with Charles Fazzino
- Tuesday, Jan. 28 – Chicago Bears Lance Briggs at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 30 – New York Giants Antrel Rolle at 4 p.m. with Charles Fazzino, Former Miss USA Erin Brady at 6 p.m., Football legend Jim Brown at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 30 – Kansas City Chiefs player Eric Berry at 4 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 31 – Sportscaster Erin Andrews at noon, Football legend Emmitt Smith at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 1 – Alyssa Milano at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 25, 2 p.m. – Cat Cora at Macy’s Roosevelt Field
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 6 p.m. – Marc Forgione and Marcus Samuelsson at Macy’s Garden State Plaza
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 6 p.m. – Tom Douglas, Todd English and Johnny Iuzzini at Macy’s Herald Square
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV