AURORA, Ill., Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Good Housekeeping Research Institute has named the First Alert ® Atom ™ Smoke and Fire Alarm one of the year's most innovative products.
In the February issue of the Institute's namesake magazine, editors wrote that the advanced photoelectric smoke alarm met their "gold standard," explaining that the product offers innovative solutions to consumer problems. The Atom is one of only six products to receive the distinction as one of the year's VIPs, or Very Innovative Products.
The alarm combines an incredibly compact, sleek design with an advanced smoke entry system for maximizing protection with a nod towards home decor and design."The Atom epitomizes First Alert's commitment to innovation and excellence," said Mark Devine, senior vice president for First Alert/BRK Brands. "Since we launched the Atom in 2013, consumers have embraced the product's sleek, micro design, and have the peace of mind that the latest technology in smoke detection provides. We strongly value an award from Good Housekeeping, which is its own gold standard to American consumers." The new Atom leads the home safety industry by meeting the demand for affordable smoke and fire detection that offers safety with a sense of style. Measuring just 1.5 inches in diameter and weighing less than two ounces, the Atom is offered in a number of decorative finishes —including wood grain, stainless steel and bronze —to blend seamlessly into any decor. "The cutting edge design of the Atom is the latest in a series of affordable innovations we have launched, including a complete line of designer safety alarms that offer unique alarm features, such as voice with location smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, all with nuisance alarm-resistant technology," said Devine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV