It’s a new year, and at New Jersey American Water, that means a new…duck? Well, yes. A rubber duck named Puddles has been the company’s mascot since 1996. Since then, a new version of the friendly fowl has been created for employees and handing out at special events. This month, employees are choosing between three “candiducks” to vote on the 2014 Puddles.
“Many of our employees have been collecting Puddles for years, and you can almost gauge an employee's tenure by the number of ducks displayed,” said Mildred Acevedo, who, among other duties, orders the new ducks for the company every year. Over the past few years, Puddles has been a firefighter, a chef, and a lifeguard.
The three candiducks can be seen in a photo album on the company’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/newjerseyamericanwater
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV