Questar Corp Stock Upgraded (STR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- QUESTAR CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QUESTAR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.19 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $1.19).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $86.40 million or 6.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, QUESTAR CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 56.04%.
- The gross profit margin for QUESTAR CORP is currently very high, coming in at 88.90%. Regardless of STR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, STR's net profit margin of -12.83% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts