NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among the posts this past week were entries about General Motors and the December retail sales data.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
GM in Reverse
Originally published on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 9:14 a.m. EDT.
<div align="left"><strong><strong>[Read: <a href="http://www.thestreet.com/story/12243196/1/fast-money-recap-negative-pre-announcements.html" target="blank" data-add-tracking="true"><em>'Fast Money' Recap: Negative Pre-Announcements</em></a>]</strong></strong></div>
</div> GM's disappointing outlook follows the same pronouncement from Ford (F - Get Report) recently. Here are the highlights of GM's guidance this morning:
F14 company guidance:
- Adjusted EBIT to be "modestly improved, with improved underlying operating performance more than offsetting increased restructuring expense"
- EBIT-adjusted margins will be similar to 2013
- CEO Mary Barra: "We continue to perform well in the two most important markets in the world, the U.S. and China. We're taking advantage of our strength in these countries to restructure and make the investments necessary to grow profitably in other parts of the world."
Vehicle launch plans:
- Following 18 vehicle launches in 2013 in the U.S., the company will introduce 15 new or upgraded models in that market this year. In China, GM and its joint venture partners will introduce 17 new or upgraded models in 2014. The company also announced plans to open four additional plants in China through 2015, enabling production of up to 5M units annually.
- Outlook issued in conjunction with the auto industry conference in Detroit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV