New York City Gets a Luxury Pharmacy
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- When was the last time you walked into a pharmacy, described your ailment and had a pharmacist whip up a wellness drink designed to treat you on the spot?
That's how 40-year-old Stanley George runs his new, luxury pharmacy in New York City's Lower East Side.
Have a headache? PMS? Had a stress-filled day at work?No problem, Stanley's Pharmacy has custom wellness drinks to address all of it. Stanley's Pharmacy is less CVS, Walgreen's or Eckerd and more new age wellness destination meets old-fashioned neighborhood drug store and soda fountain. "Pharmacies have gone so far away from their roots. I felt a mission to bring that back," says George, a Bronx native. Located at Ludlow and Hester streets, Stanley's combines a wellness bar that specializes in drinks blended by George with the standard prescription services other pharmacies offer and a wellness library stocked with glossy monthly health, fitness and fashion publications -- all in an atmosphere that is California cool meets 1970s retro. The store's trademarked Drinks + Drugs menu features pharmacist-recommended wellness cocktails paired with over-the-counter drugs or an herbal remedy to treat ailments. There are also hot and cold medicinal teas, custom organic sodas made by George, espresso drinks and raw coconut water fresh from Thailand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV