PLYMOUTH, Mich., Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) Turbo Technologies, a leading global developer of automotive turbochargers, provides turbochargers on four of the 10 award-winning powertrains selected in the 2014 Ward's 10 Best Engines competition, which for two decades has annually recognized engines for outstanding performance, technology and their ability to help sell a vehicle.
Sales of turbocharged vehicles continue to soar as more than 700,000 new turbocharged vehicles were added to the U.S. market in 2013 across nearly all vehicle segments. Honeywell turbos can currently be found on more than 60 models available for sale in the U.S. with nearly 20 different brands.
"Honeywell technologies are supporting nearly every auto maker in the world across engine platforms and market segments as fuel economy and performance remain key attributes for their customers," said Tony Schultz, Honeywell Turbo Technologies vice president of the Americas. "With three diesel engines recognized by Ward's, I think the U.S. consumer is in for a real thrill as they get a chance to experience the power and torque these engines provide while extending the time between fuel stops for most drivers."
The winners from a field of 44 powertrains evaluated by WardsAuto editors in October and November featured a number of advanced technologies which stress the importance of fuel economy in developing new engines. Honeywell turbos are featured on the following award-winning best engines:
- 2.0L Turbodiesel DOHC I-4 (Chevrolet Cruze Diesel)
- 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC I-6 (BMW 535d)
- 1.8L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Volkswagen Jetta)
- 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500 EcoDiesel)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV