VANCOUVER, Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Callinex Mines Inc. (TSXV: CNX) (OTCQX: CLLXF) is pleased to announce that it has received final title from the Manitoba Department of Mines for the 17,500 hectares of Mineral Exploration Licenses in Northern Manitoba previously reported as having been applied for. This final government approval brings the land package in the district to a total of 44,300 hectares in area. Callinex is the sole holder of the Mineral Exploration Licenses, and several additional mineral claims. The Company has acquired this land package strategically, for the purpose of discovery-oriented graphite exploration.
As previously reported, the property, called the "Neuron" property, was the subject of a 1,850 line-kilometer VTEM survey conducted by the company this past fall. The survey uncovered several areas of conductivity coincident with magnetic lows, which the company's exploration team has identified as potential targets for graphite mineralization. The Company has received a drill permit and access to the property is being arranged via winter roads. The Company plans to begin an exploration program at the earliest possible date.
In other news, JJ O'Donnell has made a transition away from his role as President and CEO, and as a member of the board of directors to a position as a technical advisor. Mr. O'Donnell has accepted a position at a private mining company, and will no longer be able to make the time commitment required of a chief executive. The company thanks him for his service in his former role, and is pleased to be able to continue to draw on his knowledge and experience as a technical advisor.
Chairman Mike Muzylowski will step in as interim CEO and President in Mr. O'Donnell's absence.On Behalf of the Board of Directors, Mike Muzylowski Mike Muzylowski Chairman and CEO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV