NEW YORK (
Silver Spring Network International
(SSNI) fell 24.72% to $17.69, down $5.81 from its previous close of $23.50, at the close of the trading day on Friday after the company reported preliminary fourth-quarter results that fell short of expectations.
The stock had a volume of 3,626,473, more than eight times its average of 430,795. It hit a high of $18.40 and a low of $17.20 for the day.
The tech company noted that its non-GAAP revenue for the fourth quarter would fall to between $88 million and $89 million, up approximately 5% year-over-year, and GAAP revenue of $95 million to $96 million, up approximately 93% year-over-year. Silver Spring also expects a loss of one cent per share or to break even in terms of non-GAAP earnings and a loss of two cents per share or to break even in terms of GAAP earnings.
Robert W. Baird also downgraded the stock to Neutral from Outperform after the company released the fourth-quarter results. The firm lowered its target price to $17 from $32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV