Update (4:30 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, year high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kingtone Wirelessinfo Soultions (KONE) skyrocketed more than 148% to $12.30, up $7.35 from its previous close of $4.95, at the close of the trading day on Friday after the company said revenue for its fiscal year ended in September jumped nearly 700%. The stock hit a one-year high of $16.74 during the day.
The stock, which soared more than 200% at one point in the day, had a volume of 1,367,955, more than 160 times its average of 8,516. It hit a high of $16.74 and a low of $6.76 for the day. The stock has a high of $16.74 and a low of 99 cents for the year.
The company said revenue increased 696.8% to about $11.6 million from about $1.5 a year earlier. Gross profit increased by 527.7% to about $1 million; it recorded a loss of about $200,000 in fiscal 2012. Gross margin increased to 8.8% from negative 16.4%.
Kingtone posted a loss of about $5.1 in fiscal 2013, narrower than a year-earlier loss of about $9 million. The loss per share was $3.65 a share vs. a year-earlier loss of $6.40.
"We are very glad to see the revenue has grown dramatically during the fiscal year 2013," said CEO Peng Zhang in the company's statement. "Thanks for our investors being patient with our business and capital market performance and staying with the company during the difficult time when the company's business didn't do well for the past two years. In the future we will continue to take measures to improve our performance and strengthen our business model to achieve sustainable growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV