2. As of noon trading, Covidien ( COV) is down $1.04 (-1.5%) to $68.64 on average volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.62-$69.64 after having opened the day at $69.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.68. Covidien plc develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings worldwide. Covidien has a market cap of $31.7 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Covidien a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Covidien as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Covidien Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts