4. As of noon trading, Catamaran ( CTRX) is down $0.69 (-1.4%) to $49.55 on light volume. Thus far, 582,543 shares of Catamaran exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.14-$50.08 after having opened the day at $50.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.24. Catamaran Corporation provides pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services and healthcare information technology (HCIT) solutions to the healthcare benefits management industry in North America. The company operates in two segments: PBM and HCIT. Catamaran has a market cap of $10.2 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Catamaran a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Catamaran as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Catamaran Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts