3. As of noon trading, SLM ( SLM) is down $2.45 (-9.0%) to $24.69 on heavy volume. Thus far, 9.5 million shares of SLM exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.66-$25.83 after having opened the day at $25.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.14. SLM Corporation, also known as Sallie Mae, originates, acquires, finances, and services private education loans in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Consumer Lending, Business Services, and FFELP Loans. SLM has a market cap of $11.9 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate SLM a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SLM as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full SLM Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts