4. As of noon trading, People's United Financial ( PBCT) is down $0.52 (-3.4%) to $14.84 on heavy volume. Thus far, 10.1 million shares of People's United Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $14.62-$15.01 after having opened the day at $14.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.37. People's United Financial, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for People's United Bank that provides commercial banking, retail and business banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers. People's United Financial has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate People's United Financial a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates People's United Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full People's United Financial Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts