3. As of noon trading, Alcoa ( AA) is up $0.36 (3.3%) to $11.40 on heavy volume. Thus far, 26.3 million shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $11.03-$11.50 after having opened the day at $11.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.04. Alcoa Inc. engages in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina. The company operates in four segments: Alumina, Primary Metals, Global Rolled Products, and Engineered Products and Solutions. Alcoa has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Alcoa a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alcoa as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock performance, considering both the consistency and magnitude of the price movement over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Alcoa Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts