Update (4:10 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Twitter (TWTR) rose 2.06% to $61.82, up $1.25 from its previous close of $60.57, at the close of the trading day on Friday after Stifel Nicolaus initiated a "buy" rating on the stock.
The stock had a volume of 26,830,749, slightly above its average of 23,365,700. It hit a high of $64.69 and a low of $61.60 for the day.
Stifel also set a target price of $75 for the social media site.
"Twitter is both revolutionary and disruptive. We believe Twitter is the most powerful, flexible, and disruptive of the social media platforms, giving it significant scarcity value," said Stifel analyst Jordan Rohan in a report. "We believe this value is hard to quantify and does not yet show up in earnings. Over time, we believe the company will harness the power of this strategic position, benefiting consumers and shareholders alike."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV