Update (4:05 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Intel
(INTC) fell 2.6% to $25.85, down 69 cents from its previous close of $26.54, at the close of the trading day on Friday after the company announced it foresees no growth in revenue or profit margins in 2014.
The stock had a volume of 108,095,683, more than three times its average of 32,204,900. It hit a high of $25.86 and a low of $25.25 for the day.
Intel reported late Thursday that it had earned 51 cents per share, up 6% from the same period a year earlier, in the fourth quarter. That fell just one cent below analyst estimates for the semiconductor giant.
Revenue also rose 3% to $13.83 billion, above analysts' expectations of $13.72 billion. Prior to this report, Intel had posted seven consecutive quarters of flat or declining earnings per share and five consecutive quarters of flat or declining sales.
However, Intel noted that it envisions no growth in 2014 and predicted sales flat with the $52.7 billion in 2013. Analysts had expected a 1% increase to $53.3 billion.
TheStreet Ratings team rates INTEL CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate INTEL CORP (INTC) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- INTC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Although INTC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, INTC has a quick ratio of 1.65, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for INTEL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.84%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.87% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5,731.00 million or 11.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.34%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INTC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts