Today's Pre-Market Trading Very Positive For SunTrust Banks (STI)
- STI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.4 million.
- STI traded 11,652 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:27 AM.
- STI is up 3.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STI: SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank that provides various financial services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management, Wholesale Banking, and Mortgage Banking. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. STI has a PE ratio of 16.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SunTrust Banks a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for SunTrust Banks has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $20.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.88 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 319.62% to $1,858.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUNTRUST BANKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 119.99%.
- The gross profit margin for SUNTRUST BANKS INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.81%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, STI's net profit margin of 9.36% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, STI's share price has jumped by 32.39%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 49.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV