NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- aerie takes a bold stance this Spring 2014 by announcing the launch of its "aerie Real" campaign, featuring models of all sizes in unretouched photos. The models show the latest collection of aerie bras, undies and apparel, all while demonstrating that being real and natural is truly sexy and individual differences contribute to a woman's unique identity and beauty.
The #aerieReal movement is an important benchmark in the evolution of the aerie brand, which has always celebrated its customers' unique spirit and optimism. By challenging supermodel standards, aerie is poised to spark a conversation with consumers about the true meaning of beauty.
"The purpose of 'aerie Real' is to communicate there is no need to retouch beauty, and to give young women of all shapes and sizes the chance to discover amazing styles that work best for them," said Jennifer Foyle , aerie's Chief Merchandising Officer. "We want to help empower young women to be confident in themselves and their bodies."To help young women build their perfect intimates wardrobe, aerie has tapped Fashion Editor Jenny Altman as Style and Fit Expert. Altman will share her intimates category expertise with aerie shoppers, participating in store appearances and consumer fit sessions, as well as offering advice and tips to girls across the country via Twitter and Google+ Hangouts, amongst other online and social channels. "In an industry that promotes an unrealistic fantasy about women's bodies, I have joined aerie for an incredible campaign that celebrates the power and beauty of real women," said Jenny Altman. "We are thrilled to have Jenny come on board with aerie as an incredible resource for our customers and to further spread the message that 'the real you is sexy,'" said Foyle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV