U.S. Bank will begin to wind down its short-term, small-dollar deposit advance product, Checking Account Advance, to align with final regulatory guidance issued by the Office of Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
“We recognize our customers’ need for short-term, small dollar credit,” said Kent Stone, vice chairman of consumer banking sales and support at U.S. Bank. “We are committed to finding new solutions that meet the needs of all of our customers and fit within the current regulatory expectations.”
Effective Friday, Jan. 31, U.S. Bank will no longer offer Checking Account Advance to new checking account customers. Checking Account Advance will be discontinued for current customers on May 30, 2014. Customers who have an outstanding balance at that time will be offered extended repayment terms. U.S. Bank will offer other forms of credit to customers who qualify.
About U.S. BankU.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $361 billion in assets as of September 30, 2013, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,088 banking offices in 25 states and 4,937 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV