LONGMONT, Colo., Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC Group Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARCW; the "Company" or "ARC") announced today that Advanced Forming Technology, Inc. ("AFT"), a division of the Company's Precision Components Group, has set the schedule for its quarterly Metal Injection Molding ("MIM") School Seminars, taught at the Longmont, Colorado facility.
The MIM School started in 2005, and is a two day training seminar for new & existing customers, vendors and shareholders, wishing to learn more about the MIM process. Since the start of the school, AFT has trained over 250 students on MIM technology. The seminar walks students through the technical aspects of MIM, from the materials technology of metal powders, to the compounding and secondary processes, through the use of both classroom and hands-on training on the manufacturing floor.
New to the school this year is a course on the Company's cutting edge 3D printing capabilities. Through the launch of ARC's new division, 3D Material Technologies ("3DMT"), ARC has been building up capital equipment of the newest models of metal and plastic 3D printers. 3DMT is housing its 3D printers in Colorado, as well as ARC's other facilities. The new 3D course will allow students the unique opportunity to get hands-on experience with a number of new 3D printing technologies, including our metal printers, some of which are among a small handful of 3D metal printing machines available for use in the United States today.
The 2014 classes are free to attend for registered applicants only, and will be held on the following dates:
- February 19-20
- May 21-22
- August 20-21
- November 12-13
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV