Trade-Ideas: Tractor Supply (TSCO) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Tractor Supply (TSCO) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tractor Supply as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.7 million.
- TSCO is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSCO NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TSCO: Tractor Supply Company operates retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. TSCO has a PE ratio of 34.0. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Tractor Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Tractor Supply has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tractor Supply has a market cap of $10.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 3.1% with 5.27 days to cover. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tractor Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSCO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRACTOR SUPPLY CO has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRACTOR SUPPLY CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.90 versus $1.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.29 versus $1.90).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TRACTOR SUPPLY CO's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 874.85% to $35.79 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRACTOR SUPPLY CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.63%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Tractor Supply Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV