Update (4:32 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Logitech (LOGI) dropped 7.24% to $13.71, down $1.07 from its previous close of $14.78, at the close of the trading day on Thursday as the rest of the tech sector posted some significant declines.
The stock had a volume of 1,887,926, more than three times its average of 547,795. It hit a high of $14.26 and a low of $13.58 for the day.
Microsoft (MSFT), Zynga (ZNGA), Apple (AAPL) and Logitech each declined throughout the day, as the tech sector sagged and the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped nearly half a percentage point.
The plummeting stock of Best Buy (BBY) may have also contributed to Logitech's decline. The top consumer electronics retailer in the U.S. was one of the biggest losers on the market on Thursday with a nearly 30% decline after it reported its sub-par holiday results. Logitech's products include accessories for PCs, mobile devices, video games and other electronic devices, many of which Best Buy sales. A sharp decline for Best Buy could affect Logitech, as well.
TheStreet Ratings team rates LOGITECH INTERNATIONAL SA as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LOGITECH INTERNATIONAL SA (LOGI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LOGI's share price has jumped by 82.16%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although LOGI had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- LOGI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 38.16% is the gross profit margin for LOGITECH INTERNATIONAL SA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LOGI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LOGI's net profit margin of 2.70% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, LOGITECH INTERNATIONAL SA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $15.49 million or 4.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LOGI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts