Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: MRH), ("Montpelier" or the "Company"), a leading provider of short-tail reinsurance and other specialty lines, today announced that Daniel Brookman has been appointed Senior Vice President, Head of Capital Markets. Mr. Brookman will also serve as Chief Operating Officer for Montpelier's asset management business, Blue Capital Management Ltd. His appointment is effective immediately.
Mr. Brookman will be responsible for managing capital markets relationships for Montpelier with an initial focus on developing the Company's underwriting partnership businesses. He will report to William Pollett, Chief Corporate Development and Strategy Officer for Montpelier.
Mr. Brookman has extensive insurance and reinsurance industry experience spanning the breadth of the capital markets, most recently with Barclays Capital, Inc., where he was Global Head of Insurance-Linked Structuring within the firm's Global Markets division in New York and London.
Prior to Barclays, he worked in the M&A and Corporate Finance Division of Merrill Lynch International in London and was Head of Alternative Distribution for Benfield Advisory, Inc. in New York, where he was responsible for bringing major hedge funds and pension funds into the reinsurance industry."We are delighted to welcome Dan to our team. He is a great addition to Montpelier at a key time in the evolution of our alternative capital products," said Mr. Pollett. The Company, through its operating subsidiaries, is a premier provider of global property and casualty reinsurance and insurance products. Additional information can be found in the Company's public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and at www.montpelierre.bm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV