Update (4:27 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Zoom Technologies ZOOM soared 18.37% to $5.09, up 79 cents from its previous close of $4.30, at the close of the trading day on Thursday after the company announced it had signed a letter of intent to acquire Tinho Union Holding Group.
The stock had a volume of 1,376,327, nearly 10 times its average of 138,579. It hit a high of $6.15 and a low of $5.01 for the day.
The company plans to acquire all the outstanding shares of Tinho by issuing approximately 9.4 million new shares of its common stock at $8.6505 per share to the shareholders of Tinho, a B2B e-commerce platform provider for the travel industry in China.
Current Tinho shareholders would own approximately 75% of Zoom's ownership interest once the two sides finalize the deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV