Leiden, The Netherlands, Jan. 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Prosensa Holding N.V. (NASDAQ: RNA), the Dutch biopharmaceutical company focusing on RNA-modulating therapeutics for rare diseases with high unmet medical need, today announced initial findings from further analyses from the aggregate data from the clinical development program of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).
"We are encouraged by these results that suggest that treating earlier in the disease and treating longer shows a delay in the progression of the disease," said Hans Schikan, Prosensa's Chief Executive Officer. "These data encourage us to engage patient groups, clinical experts and regulators to explore a path forward for drisapersen, which includes the possibility of re-dosing."
Schikan will be presenting details of the further data analyses at the 32 nd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. A live webcast of the presentation can be accessed through the Investors & Media section of the Prosensa corporate website at http://ir.prosensa.eu/events.cfm and will be archived for 90 days.With data from more than 300 patients Prosensa has the largest clinical data set in DMD. In order to advance the general understanding of DMD, Prosensa has also announced that it will make certain data from the drisapersen clinical program available to the scientific community. In addition it has initiated a study to better understand the natural history of DMD and is also exploring potential biomarkers that could be of use as indicators of efficacy in DMD clinical trials. The subset analyses focus on outcomes in DMD boys seven years or younger and those over seven years old as measured by the six-minute walk test (6MWT). In all studies, a treatment difference was seen in the younger patient population.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV