According to a recent study, childhood obesity is now the number one health concern among parents in the United States, topping drug abuse and smoking. 1 Our children’s life expectancy is now less than ours. 2 In an effort to support parents in the fight for their kids’ good health, Life Time –The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM) has announced the addition of a program for kids ages 7 – 11 to its Life Time 90-Day Challenge. The Challenge, which begins with Weigh-In Weekend Feb. 8 – 10, 2014, also includes the adult Weight Loss and Transformation categories, along with the new component to encourage kids to get healthy in a non-competitive environment.
“We have seen thousands of men and women literally transform their lives during the Life Time 90-Day Challenge and lead healthier, more active lifestyles, and what better way to make it a family affair than by engaging kids,” said Anika Christ, program manager for Life Time Weight Loss. “We’re excited to introduce this healthy, educational and fun option for kids, and provide the tools to improve the health of the entire family.”
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), rates of childhood obesity have more than tripled in the last three decades. Proper nutrition during growth and development is critical not only for a child’s physical and mental growth, but also for building a healthy foundation for long-term health, weight and eating habits. During the 90-Day Challenge, kids will learn about health and fitness in a fun and welcoming environment. They will also have the chance to win fun prizes, including T-shirts and other goodies. Most importantly, they’ll learn fundamental skills they can apply at home and school.
Also new this season, Whole Foods Market has signed on as the official grocer of the Life Time 90-Day Challenge. Where available, Try-It Tuesday grocery store tours will take place at Whole Foods locations across the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV