Shares of T-Mobile rose 1.1% to $32.87 Thursday.
Deutsche Telekom revealed the move in a regulatory filing with the SEC, according to Re/code. BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk said in a research note that "Vodafone (VOD) held its stake in Verizon Wireless (VZ) in the Netherlands and is expected to have a very 'tax-efficient' transaction in the sale of those shares." The move, therefore, could prove that Deutsche Telekom is willing to sell off T-Mobile.
Japanese carrier Softbank, which currently owns Sprint (S), is reportedly working towards making a bid for T-Mobile. Satellite TV company Dish (DISH) was also recently preparing a bid for the fourth-place carrier. TMUS data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV