Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has been named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2014 “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the sixth consecutive year, ranking No. 90, up from No. 91 in 2013. The annual ranking, now in its 17th year, is a prestigious recognition of the best in workplace culture and talent initiatives.
“The people of Accenture are our most important asset, and we strive to provide them with a diverse range of opportunities to build their skills, capabilities and expertise throughout their careers,” said Michael Scimo, managing director – Human Capital & Diversity, North America. “Given our focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best people, we are honored to be recognized once again by FORTUNE as an employer of choice.”
In recognizing Accenture, FORTUNE cited the company’s strong leadership, numerous flexible work arrangements and investment in collaborative technologies that bring its people together. Among the many programs and initiatives Accenture provides its employees are:
- Training and Development: Accenture provides a comprehensive range of training—onsite, online, in teams and via mobile learning – which begins when people first join the company and continues throughout their careers. For example, myLearning, the company’s global online learning portal offers more than 56,000 individual learning assets, including online, virtual and blended learning courses. In fiscal 2013, we invested more than $870 million in training and professional development globally.
- Inclusion & Diversity: Accenture welcomes new people with diverse backgrounds and skills into its organization, and recognizes the value in mixing perspectives, cultures and knowledge. In early 2014, we proudly announced the milestone of 100,000 women at Accenture, a testament to our focus on cultivating an inclusive and diverse environment that attracts, retains and advances women.
- Corporate Citizenship: Accenture’s people are deeply committed to making a measurable difference in the communities in which they live and work, and the company supports their passion and dedication to making a positive impact in the lives of others. Through its Skills to Succeed initiative, Accenture applies a core competence—training talent—to help address the need for skills that open doors to employment. Having already achieved our Skills to Succeed goal, we raised our commitment to equip 500,000 people globally with the skills to get a job or build a business.
About FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” ListTo pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, FORTUNE partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America; 257 firms participated in this year’s survey. More than 252,000 employees at those companies responded to a survey created by the institute, a global research and consulting firm operating in 45 countries around the world. Two-thirds of a company’s score is based on the results of the institute’s Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management’s credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the institute’s Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV