3. As of noon trading, Ensco ( ESV) is down $1.39 (-2.5%) to $54.23 on average volume. Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Ensco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $54.09-$55.39 after having opened the day at $55.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.62. Ensco plc provides offshore contract drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Floaters, Jackups, and Other. Ensco has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Ensco a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ensco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Ensco Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts