Update (4:15 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Zynga (ZNGA) fell 12.16% to $3.54, down 49 cents from its previous close of $4.03, at the close of the trading day on Thursday after Sterne Agee said fourth-quarter consensus estimates may prove too high.
The stock had a volume of 79,738,300, nearly four times its average of 21,379,100. It hit a high of $3.99 and a low of $3.53 for the day.
The firm also noted that first-quarter guidance is "likely to disappoint," and that estimates for 2014 could prove too high. Sterne Agee has a "neutral" rating on Zynga.
"We are adjusting our Q4 Bookings/Adjusted EBITDA estimates to $130M/($18.1M) from $137M/($13.6M)," the firm said in its note. "We are also reducing our Q1 Bookings/Adjusted EBITDA Estimates to $116M/($17.2M) from $137M/($3.5M). Previously we had modeled Q4 to represent the "bottom" in terms of bookings declines, but now we are modeling Q1 to represent the bottom. Our full-year estimates for 2014 are unchanged."
Zynga announced on Friday through a post on its forums that it plans to shut down YoVille, its longest-running game, on March 31. Zynga is offering "special packages" to YoVille users who sign up for other Zynga games. YoVille players are upset enough to start a petition for the company to boycott all other Zynga games if the company does not keep YoVille.
TheStreet Ratings team rates ZYNGA INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ZYNGA INC (ZNGA) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.86 million or 116.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 36.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.65%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.03% is in-line with the industry average.
- ZNGA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.77, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZNGA Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.