BALTIMORE, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Naval Academy Athletic Association and Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE: UA) today announced a new multiyear partnership that designates Under Armour as the official outfitter of their varsity intercollegiate athletic programs.
Under Armour, the leading sports performance and innovation brand, will outfit all of the Naval Academy's 33 men's and women's varsity athletic teams beginning in the 2014-15 season. The comprehensive partnership also includes marketing and promotional opportunities. Under Armour has been a consistent and dedicated supporter of the military through its corporate UA Freedom initiative and long-standing association with organizations such as the Wounded Warrior Project.
"Under Armour is extremely proud to outfit the outstanding men and women who not only represent our home state of Maryland but also uphold the highest standards of the true student-athlete," said Matt Mirchin, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Under Armour. "The Naval Academy Athletic Association's commitment to brotherhood, tradition and values is on full display across its athletic teams, and we look forward to working with them to honor and advance the institution's rich legacy.""We are very excited to partner with Under Armour, who continues to distinguish itself as a powerful advocate for the state of Maryland and for the nation's military as a whole," said Chet Gladchuk, Naval Academy's Director of Athletics. "As the leader in sports performance and innovation, Under Armour will provide a great service to all of our student-athletes and will offer them a competitive advantage on the field of play." This new affiliation further expands Under Armour's leadership in providing proven performance benefits to college athletes on all playing fields. The Naval Academy Athletic Association marks the brand's twelfth Division 1 all-school partnership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV