As the year’s most watched television broadcast in the U.S. approaches, SodaStream, the leading maker of home carbonation beverage systems, surveyed more than 1,500 Americans on how they’ll get ready to kick-off their game day celebrations with friends and family. Selecting this year’s MVP in the beverage category proved to be an easy feat; nine out of 10 Americans (90%) say they choose to drink soda during the Big Game.
While soda will sack other beverages at parties nationwide on Sunday February 2, SodaStream’s “State of Soda & Beverages” Survey reveals some interesting game day party stats, including:
- Nearly 70% of respondents who have attended a party to watch the Big Game, say the host ran out of beverages.
- 71% of Americans spend equally on soda and snacks when watching the game, with beer falling next on the list.
- Soda is the number one mixer for cocktails during the big game (79%).
- More than sixty percent (66%) say they will make a custom or Big Game-themed cocktail to be savored on game day.
“Soda-lizing” with SodaStream
This year “soda-lizing” will be all the rage at house parties among friends and family. The survey also reveals that more than half (55%) of Americans rank socializing while eating and drinking just as important as the game itself. Moreover, 88% of respondents see the Game Day as a social event and not just a football game.“Turning tap water into soda in just seconds, SodaStream is the ultimate accessory for any party—especially an event like the upcoming Big Game which is all about drinking, eating, family, friends and fun. It’s the last moment you want to be running out of beverages,” said Gerard Meyer, President of SodaStream USA. “SodaStream is leading the freedom of fizz movement and changing the way beverages are consumed today. Why not craft, delicious, better-for-you sodas and carbonated beverages, without the worry of running out of beverages at a game-day party while also saving the environment from tens of thousands of bottles,” added Meyer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts