A.M. Best Co. has placed under review with negative implications the financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and issuer credit rating of “a-” of WRM America Indemnity Company (WRMAI) (Uniondale, NY). These rating actions follow the recent announcement by WRMAI of the transaction involving its ultimate parent, The Wright Insurance Group, LLC (TWIG) and Brown & Brown, Inc. (B&B) [NYSE: BRO].
Under the terms of the transaction and subject to regulatory approvals, B&B will be acquiring 100% of the membership interests of TWIG and its subsidiaries, with the exception of WRMAI.
The ratings of WRMAI reflect its solid capitalization, experienced management team and strong claim and risk management programs. Partially offsetting these positive rating factors is the execution risk associated with the expansion of an existing single-state platform into additional states within the United States. Additional rating factors are the company's fundamental business strategies, which include providing stable insurance coverage in its niche education market coupled with high quality service for its insureds.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com. Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV