Burger King Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:BKW) announced today that it is introducing the new Spicy Chicken Sandwich, a menu item that combines a bold kick of peppers and spices with the delicious flavor of the Original Chicken Sandwich – you know, that iconically-shaped chicken sandwich that’s been a crowd favorite for over 30 years.
A fiery take on the original, the Spicy Chicken Sandwich features a premium white meat chicken fillet lightly breaded and seasoned with a unique blend of cayenne and black pepper topped with a simple combination of shredded lettuce and creamy mayonnaise on a sesame seed bun.
According to NPD Group, the BURGER KING® Original Chicken Sandwich is the best-selling chicken sandwich in the U.S. fast food burger industry. It has also been the most popular chicken offering on the BURGER KING® menu since its introduction in 1979. To develop a spicy twist to the classic sandwich, the BURGER KING® innovation team sought out to find taste profiles that were both bold and full of flavor. In turn, guests can now enjoy the Spicy Chicken Sandwich which combines just the right layer of seasoning, as well as a crispy breading topped with fresh lettuce.
“We looked at peppers across the spectrum, from the mild poblano to the blazing hot ghost pepper and our Spicy Chicken Sandwich hits the perfect level of heat,” said Eric Hirschhorn, Chief Marketing Officer, North America. “We know that our guests’ tastes are evolving and calling for spicier foods. This sandwich is a new option for our guests who already love our Original Chicken Sandwich and want to change it up with a fresh, bold taste.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV