Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- W. P. Carey Inc. (NYSE: WPC), a real estate investment trust ("REIT") specializing in corporate
build-to-suit financing and the acquisition of single-tenant net-lease properties, announced record 2013 total investment volume for its owned and managed portfolios.
To access video case studies on select transactions, property photos and other multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
Key Facts - 2013
- Total 2013 investment volume: Approximately $1.8 billion, including €350 million ( $460 million) in Europe.
- Types of assets acquired: Office, Retail, Manufacturing, R&D, Hotels, Self Storage
- Industries: Equipment Manufacturing, Retail, Food, Technology, Entertainment, Insurance, Education, Telecommunications, Automotive, Electronics, Engineering & Construction, Banking
- Countries: United States, United Kingdom, Finland, Netherlands, Poland, Croatia, Germany, India
- Tenants include: Kraft Foods, tw telecom, Tommy Hilfiger, Cargotec, Avnet, State Farm, H&M, KBR, Banco Santander, the Department of State for Communities and Local Government (a department of the UK Government), Agrokor, Royal FrieslandCampina
W. P. Carey
applied its disciplined, opportunistic strategy to deploy capital both on behalf of its own portfolio as well as its managed REITs. In addition to the traditional sale-leaseback and build-to-suit transactions completed in 2013,
W. P. Carey
also acquired real estate assets under pre-existing long-term net-leases that met its traditional investing criteria based on tenant credit-worthiness, asset quality and long-term criticality of the assets to the operations of the tenant. As a result,
W. P. Carey
not only provided financing directly to tenant companies, but it was also able to provide liquidity to institutional owners, investors, and developers.
W. P. Carey
also continued to secure investments in the self storage and hotel sectors through its managed REITs.
, President and Chief Executive Officer, W. P. Carey Inc.: "As the net-lease investment universe has continued to expand, we have built on our existing strengths to support and evolve our investment strategy. As a result, we are able to access a broader scope of opportunities while still adhering to the basic criteria and objectives that have been our guideposts for more than 40 years.
"Within our managed REITs, in addition to traditional net-lease assets, we have continued to opportunistically invest in both the self storage and hotel sectors where we see the ability to grow income and create value through the application of the in-depth financial and management expertise we have developed in these sectors."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts