As cities across the country look for ways to leverage new technologies and applications, the City of Charlotte, N.C. is working with Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) to keep its network evolving. Motorola’s Migration Assurance Program (MAP) helps customers establish and implement a multi-year strategic technology plan with a predictable annual payment structure. A National Association of Counties survey shows 90 percent of mission-critical agencies are not well prepared to implement their technology visions.
Charlotte officials will utilize MAP to keep their ASTRO® P25 network software and hardware refreshed as well as implement technology enhancements over the coming years, helping to ensure their first responders are always equipped with the best technology needed to meet public safety communications demands. By simplifying ongoing system maintenance and future upgrades to the City of Charlotte Radio Advanced Digital Interoperable (R.A.D.I.O.) ASTRO P25 regional network, Charlotte officials will be able to focus more attention on their mission, and less time on the technology that helps them carry it out.
- MAP provides a customized plan based on the goals and needs of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg network in a predictable and budgeted manner.
- MAP gives customers the flexibility to modify their existing networks over a period of years, allowing them to adjust to changes in business priorities, technologies, standards requirements and the political environment.
- MAP allows customers to operate, upgrade, migrate and expand their systems over time while continuously planning for long-term, controlled network migration costs.
- The City of Charlotte R.A.D.I.O. Network is a regional ASTRO P25 System that supports multiple counties and municipalities in the Urban Area Security Initiative region. The system consists of numerous simulcast cells, remote sites and dispatch positions with thousands of radio users.
- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department has more than 1,700 sworn officers and 500 non-sworn employees protecting more than 800,000 city and county residents.
SUPPORTING QUOTESChuck Robinson, director of shared services, City of Charlotte “The flexibility of Motorola Solutions’ Migration Assurance Program allows us to concentrate resources on our overall mission of protecting our residents while our network remains at peak performance. The service is an efficient and cost-effective way to meet our ongoing technology needs with a predictable funding structure that eliminates surprises.”