KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant this week welcomes nearly 1,000 employees as preparation to build the all-new 2015 Ford Transit gets under way; 175 additional employees to start by March 2014
- Overall this year, Ford is creating more than 5,000 new jobs, including 3,300 salaried positions – its largest hiring initiative since 2000; new jobs build on more than 14,000 Ford jobs in North America in the past two years
- On sale this summer, the all-new Ford Transit is a lineup of full-size vans that pairs Ford's legendary durability with greater functionality, best-in-class ownership costs and best-in-class fuel efficiency
Ford this week begins welcoming nearly 1,000 new employees at its Kansas City Assembly Plant to prepare for the launch of the all-new Ford Transit that goes on sale in the United States this summer.
The company also is announcing that 175 additional employees will be hired by March to help build the new Transit. The new employees put Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) on the top 10 list of Missouri employers.The all-new Transit builds on its more than 45 years of heritage in Europe, where it is the best-selling medium commercial vehicle nameplate. On sale this summer, Transit will offer the widest choice of roof heights, wheelbases and body lengths to maximize flexibility, plus a full suite of onboard features and technologies that are intuitive, easy to operate and designed for business. Three proven powertrains will offer best-in-class mileage with plenty of performance to get the job done, while also providing alternative fuel options. Transit is part of an unprecedented product year for Ford Motor Company. It is one of 16 new North American products – and 23 global products – Ford will launch in 2014, triple the number of new products Ford launched last year in North America. Transit eventually will replace Ford E-Series, which has reigned as America's best-selling van for 35 years.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts