NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The market demands the modern industrial chief executive be equal parts hard-hat engineer, talking head, smooth financial operator and global warming activist.
If you are doing anything with energy, at some point someone is going to ask about the carbon footprint of your products. You'd better have the right answer.
Colfax (CFX) has been coming up with right answers in a lot of areas around the world. From deep-sea oil platforms to container ships bigger than football fields, to everything in between that involves fluids and pipes and pumps around the world, Colfax does it.
All sprinkled with a bit of green to keep the politicians happy. Turns out investors are happy, too.Colfax may not be part of a popular sector like the drug companies or biotechs but I like its multi-platform manufacturing and engineering products for fluid handling systems, welding products, and precision air and gas handling equipment throughout the world. This quiet, industrial worker bee is a Best Stock Now.
Data from Best Stocks Now App
Data from Best Stocks Now App Colfax is a $6.4 billion mid-cap stock. Even in this narrow economy, small and mid-cap stocks have continued to flourish because they are very agile and maneuverable. Such stocks can change course and go in a different direction very quickly. This is why I call them aggressive stocks, that is why I keep a close eye on them day to day, and that is exactly what CFX is.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV