LAS VEGAS, Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan's full-size Titan pickup will become the automaker's next crowd-sourced project vehicle. Nissan made the announcement today during a special media event at the 2014 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show and Conference in Las Vegas. The 2014 Nissan Titan, which combines aggressive looks, extraordinary power and off-road athleticism, continues to be a leader in the full-size truck segment.
Fueled by social media, Project Titan fans will build the ultimate off-road capable truck equipped with customized features designed to conquer extreme terrain. To help determine the adventure that Titan will tackle, Nissan is engaging shooting, hunting and outdoor journalists by asking them to submit their "ultimate outdoor adventure" via Twitter or video. As the second installment in Nissan's project vehicle series, Project Titan will build upon the success of its predecessor, Project 370Z.
"Nissan is invested in designing the most innovative trucks ever. Projects like this allow us to gather input directly from industry leading media members and those companies that embrace an outdoor lifestyle in their work and play, helping us deliver trucks that buyers want to own," said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Nissan Sales and Marketing, Parts and Service in the U.S. "There is no better place to debut Project Titan than the SHOT Show."
Following the announcement, more than 2,500 journalists were invited to participate in the first phase of Project Titan by submitting a video or tweeting using #ProjectTitan to tell Nissan which ultimate adventure to select for Project Titan. Whether four wheeling across the
Baja, hunting big game in
Alaska or fishing for steelhead in
Idaho, the Project Titan will be modified to meet the most challenging conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV